Sunday, November 18, 2007

Treatment #4, Second Day


Just back from a 24-hour mini-break to Maine. Didn’t sleep well last night, it’s the drugs (the culprit is Decadron, a steroid with a first-listed side-effect of insomnia).


I’m on it twice daily yesterday, today, tomorrow, and then Tuesday morning. Beginning tonight I can cut the dose in half and hopefully avoid the serious sleep loss and depression I felt the week following Chemo #3. I don’t look forward to another week of “Chemo Brain,” but if that’s what has to happen, at least I’ll understand what’s happening.

So, after Tuesday I’ll be OFF DRUGS until radiation is complete. Then I go on the five-year drug plan (not sure which one yet and at the moment don’t really care). That’s part of the ongoing oncology treatment.

I start radiation on December 10, so anticipate a nice break from treatment for a few weeks. Will be nice to be normal for a while.

I’ll stay in touch and hope you will too.

1 comment:

Jan G said...

Sleep I hear is very overrated...Can you spell m-e-n-o-p-a-u-s-e?
Glad you are home.
J