Tuesday, November 6, 2007

More on Tuesday

Long day. Different recovery this time from last Friday's chemo session. The new drugs have helped, I haven't felt as sick this time around. The exhaustion, however, is significant and once again I'm losing my voice.

Both yesterday and today (Monday and Tuesday) were long, tough days. Hard to concentrate. Battling to stay awake until a reasonable hour to go to bed, then snoring so loud I disturb Dave within moments of falling under the blankets. Awake just after midnight and on and off until 5 a.m. Part of the problem is trying to get down 80-100 ounces of non-caffeinated fluid a day, and then pass it along through the night.

(Stop fussing Penny, you're a lucky girl... This is easy stuff compared to the rest of the fight.)

Last night I had strange dreams. I work for a medical publishing company and my boss wanted a special give-away we could send to anyone who bought a newsletter. I came up with a brilliant idea, a chimney sweeper's brush, but he didn't like my designs. Where the hell did that come from? Anyone want to analyze that one for me?

I think I need to take a little time away from the office, for sure. I'd like to, maybe in January or February (if my energy holds on that long).

I'm putting a link to Tanya's blog on the page, please check it out. She writes about more than our shared adventures in Pink Land.

We're both glad that October has come and gone. It's no longer Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It's Thankful Month. What are YOU thankful for today?

1 comment:

Jan G said...

I'm thankful that you are here to write in this blog and that you were smart enough to go after this and not wait.
J