Monday, November 5, 2007

Thankful Journal

My friend Tanya, my new little sister in the breast cancer fight, has a wonderful thing going on her blog. She's writing a month-long "Thankful Journal" and invites her friends to join the effort.

I'm jumping on board and I hope you'll take some time to post a comment or two along the way, or even start a blog of your own. Who knows where all the thankful thinking and potential creativity will carry you?

I have to back up and start on November 1. Here goes:

November 1: I'm thankful that I have Dave and PJ on the front line, every day, supporting me as I go through this fight. I've never questioned their love for me, or worried about their commitment. They make the fight worth every struggle.
November 2: I'm thankful for family and friends, near and far, who call, write, worry, fuss, listen, and give generously of their time and attention. It all means the world to me.
November 3: I'm thankful to work for a company and a management team that understands my situation and gives me the time I need to take care of my health. My coworkers in my group have my back every day. I hope they know I'm there for them as well, but I hope I never have to cover for them in a similar situation.
November 4: I'm thankful to have health insurance. I'm beyond stunned at the expenses I'm running up, for surgeries, procedures, appointments, drug treatment, and chemo treatments. Next comes radiation and five years of drug therapy. How do people without benefits survive something like this?
November 5: I'm thankful for a great medical team. I haven't been happy with some of the things we've discussed; I've been upset by news they've delivered on occasion; I've been impatient with delays and scared by procedures. All normal and natural. Still, I'm thankful. It's good to have choices, the ability to make decisions, and a voice in what's happening.

My "thankfuls" won't all be about cancer. I have plenty more to be grateful for, and I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Please comment!

No comments: