Wednesday, November 14, 2007

$28,000 worth of Thankful, Journal Day 14


I'm thankful (again) for health insurance. The $7,000 bill I received yesterday was sent "in error." There was a "system glitch" at the hospital that didn't reflect full payment from the insurance company for the $10,000 shot I receive on the day after chemo.

Yes, $10,000 for a drug that boosts my while blood cell production following a chemo treatment (actually it's $10,527.11; I was billed $7,080.04)

With four treatments, and the assumption I'd have to pay $7,000+ for each, we figured we were looking at a $28,000+ total payment. Just for that shot.

What's the total bill going to be for my complete treatment? I can't want to find out.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I wonder what our complete bills will be after all of this? Thank god you called to dispute that bill!
Tomorrow's the day my friend! Your last "cocktail" if you will - I pray for a quick recovery so that you can get back to some normalcy. I think radiation will be the least of our worries! Talk soon!