Sunday, November 4, 2007

Treatment #3, the second day

So far so good... no repeat of last session's second day when I was so ill. Maybe the new nausea drugs are working?

Woke up with enough energy to run a marathon. Clear head, great mood. It was 5:45 a.m. (we fell back an hour last night to Daylight Savings Time) and I'd been awake for about an hour. Decided, hell, why not get up and get the day going.

Sent out "Notes to Neighbors" on behalf of the American Cancer Society, begging for contributions. I hate getting those solicitations in the mail, I feel guilty not contributing. But I figured I do it this year (of course, now I'm on the ACS's list forever).

Hit Wal-Mart and Demoulas and ran out of steam. Came home and had lunch with my best girl (which perked me up a bit). Did two assignments for my online management course, and swapped several dozen e-mails with Tanya (we should have just gone to Lendy's for breakfast!)

Now it's time to watch (or try to) the Patriots take on the Colts. I expect to be asleep in no time.

Might just be able to go to work tomorrow. Let's hope so, I'm running out of vacation days to spend on chemo treatments and recovery.

2 comments:

Jan G said...

Any day you can hit Wal Mart AND DeMoulas, it's a good thing, no, wait that's K-Mart.
XOXO J

Penny said...

I'm not a K-Mart fan. My real goal today was IKEA. No such luck. Maybe next Sunday.