Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thankful Journal Day 11


November 11: It’s Veterans’ Day. Thank a veteran for your freedom. This isn’t a P.C. sentiment to match the day on the calendar, it’s real and heartfelt. Remind me to tell you about the World War II veterans I interviewed for a newspaper series a number of years ago. They taught me more in mere hours than I ever learned from books or in history classes. I was ashamed of my ignorance of the battles they fought, stunned by the magnitude of their terrible experiences, and honored beyond my ability to express what it meant to have met each of them. I will never forget their stories.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Man, you and I are on the same wavelength today!

Penny said...

Great minds, and all that jazz.

Jan G said...

We heard from Scott, a relative who is home for good after 2 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He's thankful to be home and for people like you who remember all of them.
J