Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thankful Journal Day 6

November 6: This thankful entry is both sweet and bitter. Tanya and Cheryl shared news yesterday.

Tanya news is wonderful news—the suspicious area in her breast is a funky lymph node, and nothing that will cause concern. I’m thrilled for her.

Then there is Cheryl, whose dad lost his brave cancer fight in late September. I didn’t know he had died.

I ran into both Tanya and Cheryl yesterday at Wal-Mart in North Reading and got to hug them both, for very different reasons. For one my heart overflows with happiness.

For the other it breaks with the sadness for the journey that is still to come through illness and death, learning to live without seeing and leaning on someone you love and miss so deeply. He’s still there, but it’s not the same. I know.

I am thankful both these special women care about me. I’m the lucky one this morning because I have them as my friends.

2 comments:

Jan G said...

Many of us out here on the other side of the fence are also very lucky. Because of you Penny, we have new friends too like Tanya and Cheryl. My 'motherhood" love surrounds you all and that's the best kind.
J

Tanya said...

it takes 2 to make a friendship and a friend like you is the BEST KIND!

Ready for war paint tomorrow? LMAO!

Have a great day! In the words of U2 "It's a Beautiful Day"...