Friday, June 13, 2008

Thankful on Friday

Hey! It's the weekend and I have a short list of things for which I'm thankful.

  • PJ is home from Florida, tanned and lovely. She had a rough plane ride home through thunder storms (I'd have walked). It's good to have her bouncing around the house again. No sooner is she settled in than she's off to puppy sit for the weekend for her friend Griswold, the English Bulldog.
  • Dave had mega dental work done the other day and lived to tell the story. Tonight we celebrated the fact that he can eat big-people food again with steaks smothered in peppers and onions.
  • Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of my first breast cancer surgery. My, my, time flies, doesn't it?? It's not necessarily a day to celebrate, or is it? I guess so. As I often say, it beats the crap out of the alternative. It's the first of a number of milestone days to come.

I've got some people on my personal prayer list (David and Claire, Ally and Matt, and Suzie's friend Susan). If you can, send them a cyber-hug and share some love. You don't have to know them, you only have to care.
{end of post}

No comments: