Sunday, June 29, 2008

Closing out the L-O-N-G weekend

It's only mid-day on Sunday but I'm already ready to call it a day and go to bed. It's been a busy few days:

Friday: IKEA tour with MVM. Only spent $21 (as Dave says, it wasn't worth the gas to go). But it was. I saw lots of things I want, a number of things I need, and am loaded with ideas for better storage of all the "stuff" we hold near and dear to our hearts.


Saturday: Cookout at my friend Steve's house in Windham. Nice time. Back in the company of some other former Eagle-Tribune writers and editors (Chris, Paul, Melissa, and of course Steve). We took the opportunity to grumble, bitch, and bad-mouth the place, and it occurs to me that one of the good things about my time there was, without a doubt, the friendships I made with some truly good people, these four among the best.

Saturday night: We've been counting down to the final episode of "The Sopranos," catching the final season series on cable (A&E). We don't have HBO and watched previous seasons on DVD from the video store. Unable to wait any longer, we rented the final five episodes and watched them all last night. It was a long night on the couch but wow, what a final--to see the way it all came together to the moment the screen went black. It was a bold finale.

Sunday: Breakfast with MVM, my bother Ted, sister-in-law Cindy and favorite nephew Ted. To be clear and fair, I also have a favorite nephew Tom.

Now I have to pay for all that time off last week. There's work to be done for the office and I have to start prepping for the July 17-19 Friendship Sloop regatta in Rockland, Maine. Short work week next week (July 4 holiday), short week the following week (read today's 11:20 a.m. post), short week the next (a few days in Maine for the races).

Then it will be almost-August. Time is flying, isn't it?

{end of post}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and don't forget in the final Sopranos credits, there was the name Ben Noble....