Friday, June 27, 2008

L-o-n-g Weekend

It's Friday and I'm not at the office, how cool is that? I took a "V" day to go play at IKEA with my mother (MVM). She gave me a gift card to IKEA for Christmas and it's burning a hole in my wallet. Besides, it's always good to spend a day with MVM.

PJ is off the the Farm for the weekend, so MVM is coming to see us, go shopping, enjoy a Dave-burger on the grill (please??) and do a cookout tomorrow with my friend Steve.

Steve owns a couple of newspapers ("Whips' Wheels" and "Methuen Life") and on occasion asks me to write a story. I just finished a piece on the new owner of "The Ship" restaurant in Lynnfield; it's good fun to get my name on an occasional byline. I really do miss my newspaper days.

So, like, OK, gotta go start the day for real. Be good!

No comments: