Saturday, December 1, 2007

Time for a haircut

That's what I read when I opened my e-mail this morning--I had one of those periodic announcements from SuperCuts, letting me know that sufficient time has passed (according to their calculations), and it's time for me to come in for a cut.

I should print out the announcement, complete with the accompanying $1 coupon, and drive right on up to the local shop. I wonder what they can do to improve upon my current state of nothingness! Hey, with luck I'll get a $2 coupon on my first someday-down-the-road haircut.

I really can't wait to get my hair cut. Seriously, I can't wait to have that choice--to cut it or not. I continue my obsession with hair, I'm constantly looking at the way people wear their hair, the care they show their hair (usually not much), and what their hair styles tell me about them.

It's probably a sad mind game I play with myself, but it beats brooding about it. I've gotten over being sad about my hair loss. The only thing that's troublesome about it now is how cold I am without hair. That's probably a great reason to pull out the wig; but that's a whole different hair trauma.

No comments: