Monday, December 10, 2007

Radiation simulation complete


OK, I’ve been simulated, it’s time to get radiated. Tonight I wave goodbye to my Degree and bid a reluctant “hey there” to Tom’s of Maine. (Did I say all of this once before? It sounds familiar. Ah, get over it, Penny.)

So simulation was rather uneventful. Apparently the measurements taken the last time were all OK because I really do get to go back and get started tomorrow. I didn’t take a good look at the machine today; I’ll do that tomorrow and give you a complete report.

BTW, I made the “Letters to the Editor” column in the most recent issue of the “AARP” magazine (January/February 2008 issue with Caroline Kennedy on the cover). I’d written in response to an article in the last issue that listed reasons why women don’t get mammograms. For those of you who didn’t bother to read the letters (and to the rest of you too young to receive this fine publication), here’s a reprint:

‘Your article on why women are avoiding mammograms [Navigator Health, “What’s Your Excuse?”] worried me immensely. I’m the midst of chemotherapy for breast cancer and because I never miss a mammogram, my cancer was caught early. Women, please, schedule an appointment today, and tell someone you love to do the same.’

Signed with my name and home town. Pretty cool to be published nationally.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Congratulations on being publised. Your letter is hung with pride on my fridge.
Willb e thinking of your tomorrow. All the best!
Love, Diane

Tanya said...

I'm so glad they picked up your article! It was an excellent article to share!