Tuesday, December 4, 2007

How long have you waited to read this...?

I feel really good today! More energy than I've had in a long time, good focus, managed to juggle a couple of problems at work and wasn't daunted by the challenges. Is it possible that more good days are just ahead?

Dave and I went out for dinner (our usually and customary Tuesday Night Date Night) at the 99 in Wilmington, where Paul the bartender made me the finest Grey Goose Dirty Vodka Martini I've ever had.

Will the good time continue? Time will tell. It's sure to go downhill with radiation. I have to remember to take things one day at a time. My friend Diane (herself a BC badge holder--I hate the term "survivor," even though to this point we have survived) reminded me recently that I'd dropped an atomic bomb in my system. Interesting choice of words and it really made me stop and think.

She's right. I've been describing it as feeling like a 55-gallon drum on toxic waste. Atomic bomb sounds so much more appropriate.

On another matter, my beautiful PJ celebrated her 24th birthday yesterday. I don't know how she got to be 24. I certainly haven't aged these lase 24 years.

So that got me to thinking: what are some necessary skills one should have by age 24? I invite you to add to the following list:
* drive a standard-shift vehicle
* handle a church key
* run the washer and dryer without overloading either
* polish your resume and go on a killer interview

What have you go to add?

2 comments:

PenneyLane said...

Change and tire and your oil!

Tanya said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and have energy and just overall doing great! Ooooh, you got a martini last night?! JEALOUS!