Sunday, December 30, 2007

Did you miss me?


I’m back. I took a bit of a break over the last week. The pressure of the holidays is always a little intense, and I have to admit that for the most part, I’m glad they’re over. There are highlights, of course, one of which is a special sweatshirt from The Pretty Girl to her Mum. And then there’s work. That’s a whole other set of pressures.


Let’s see, what’s new? I’ve finished 12 of 33 radiation sessions. So far, so good, not much to mention. I’m beginning to notice some skin irritation but it’s manageable with the burn cream provided by the center and 100% aloe gel.

And my hair is growing! It’s a slow process and it will be months before there’s enough to push out of my eyes, but it’s growing. Looks gray, or salt-and-pepper at best. Imagine that! I’ll post pictures when there’s a little more to see.

I think (hope!) that my breast cancer sally is moving from being the major player in my life to a supporting role. Radiation will continue until about January 25. I have an appointment with my oncologist on January 22, presumably to discuss and establish my drug therapy plan (five years of an estrogen-inhibiting drug).

I won’t stop writing this blog, I just won’t put so much emphasis on my cancer. I plan to publish it into a book and have already found a company that will allow me to self-publish. I’m very excited about that. And there’s plenty more to discuss—good books and movies, presidential politics, Boston sport teams (how ‘bout them 16-0 Patriots, huh?)

1 comment:

Jan G said...

I did miss you. I check you rblog almost daily.
I too am glad the holidays are behind us. It's not that I ama scrooge, it's just a lot all at once.
I welcome spring. We don't have any plans New Year's Eve. I am working until 5 and 12 to 5 New Year's Day.
I am not complaining. They are an awesome company.
Glad to hear the hair is coming back. I just cut about 4 inches off. It was time.
The first time you go for a "do" you should invite the Sisterhood. I'll bring the wine............
XOXO
J