Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's snowing! Again!

What a joy to wake up this morning to a fresh coat of snow on the landscape. Not. I'm really tired of winter and snow and cold weather. As much as I want to see it all go away, I know my mother and sister want it all to disappear more than I. Trouble for them is they need it to go slowly--too fast and it means flooding concerns. Why needs that?

And isn't the price of gas getting ridiculous? I started carpooling to work with a guy who lives in Reading. We take turns doing 2 or 3 days a week and it's made a difference in my gas tank for sure. I figure I save 50 miles a day by not driving to Marblehead. It's time to negotiate one day a week at home, plenty of other people do it, there's no reason I should be able to do it too. Perk of being a senior manager (or so I hope).

Gas prices and the fact that the value of the dollar is tanking in Europe has me rethinking my Switzerland plans. Not forever, mind you, just for now. Maybe it would be better to wait until the summer/late summer.

My Swiss chick friends Laura and Monica sent a short list of "please bring with you when you come" items ranging from pruning shears and black licorice to angel food cake mix and marshmallow fluff (which is apparently a New England classic and not readily available anywhere else). I'm gathering the goods and will probably ship items in a couple of packages rather than make them wait for me to get off a plane in Zurich.

Man, I hate to delay this trip. I've looked forward to it for a couple of years now. Sure, I have the money for the ticket, I just want the best value for the dollar, both on the ticket and to spend while I'm over there.

Oh well. Happy Ides of March. If you're headed to the Senate today, watch your back.

Who wants to come food shopping? I'll buy you a candy bar.

No comments: