Sunday, October 14, 2007

Treatment #2, the second day


Oh my Lord, I feel just awful today. My face is flushed and feels like it's on fire and the rest of me is so chilled--I can't seem to get warm.

I'm not running a fever so there isn't really anything to fret about. It's just awful to feel so miserable.

Once again my appetite is gone--replaced by nausea--and I'm struggling to get in the 80 ounces of non-caffeinated fluid that my dear nurse Kristi tells me I have to drink very day. I've learned that the earlier in the day I can get the fluid in, the fewer times I'm up in the middle of the night meandering down the hall to the bathroom. It seems easier not to drink it at all but I know that's a mistake.

I have work I can do for the office, a chapter and a quiz to take for an course I'm taking online, and a stack of magazines and the first Harry Potter book are calling my name, but so is the couch, my pillows and a warm green blanket. Guess what will win my attention?

More next time.

1 comment:

Jan G said...

Penny, just think, you are half-way there. I know you aren't the type of person who looks at a glass as half empty, but half full and when you are over and done with this, your life will be yours again. I send you much love as you wrap yourself up in your green blanket.
Jan and Mickey