Friday, October 5, 2007

My second new look in a week


My hair is falling out. Seriously falling out. It’s so strange. My head feels warm, almost like it’s sunburned or like I’m running a fever. I can feel individual hairs just standing right up at attention. If I run my hands through it I come away with lots of strands, and if I reach in and simply told hair between my fingers and draw my hand out, the hair comes with it. I don’t even have to tug at it at all.

Looks like it’s time for a date with PJ and her hair clippers. She volunteered to do the job when the time came. We talked about how to do it, how short to go. At the moment my thought is to just do it and get it over with. Shave it off in stripes, then a bowl, then a Mohawk (did I say all this once before?) Make a party out of it. Ask Dave to help. Make my final moments with my hair a family affair.

We’ll take pictures.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I PROMISE TO ONLY LAUGH WITH YOU, NEVER AT YOU! Penny, you're a beautiful woman, hair or no hair! Seriously, I will never know what it feels like to be in your shoes at this moment, but be assured, I am there to keep you standing tall!