Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tired on Tuesday

Started the day with plenty of energy and ran out of gas at lunch time. It's to be expected, I think. I'm at the mid-point between treatments, when my blood count should be approaching a low point. Time for good meals, and good sleep at night.

That's tough these days, since the Boston Red Sox have clawed their way in to the World Series. Games in the recent championship series started after 8 p.m., and it looks like the trend will continue with this final series against the Colorado Rockies. I may have to call in sick to work!

I have heard raves for my new look (with a single exception). Apparently y'all think the new look is a winner! I wonder if the rest of my hair will fall out in the next week or so. If you remember, it started coming out on a Friday at two weeks after my first chemo treatment. This Friday is two weeks since the second treatment, and this morning there was quite a bit of hair (now short little pieces) in the bathroom sink. Time will tell.

Today's head covering of choice is a bright orange bandana printed with purple and yellow owls and moons. Quite stunning.

I'll have to line up PJ and her camera some one of these days and do a hat fashion parade for you. Then we can have a dramatic reading from P.D. Eastman's classic "Go Dog, Go!"

  • "Hello!"
  • "Hello!"
  • "Do you like my hat?"
  • "I do not."
  • "Good-by!"
  • "Good-by!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • "Hello again. And now do you like my hat?"
  • "I do. What a hat! I like it! I like that party hat!"
  • "Good-by!"
  • "Good-by."



No comments: