Friday, October 12, 2007

Chemo Treatment #2

Treatment #2 is history. Nothing special to report, went smoothly as before.

Actually this one came wrapped in an emotional package. I was very anxious as we were driving to the appointment and had a round of tears when my nurse (once again, the wonderful and gentle Kristi) pulled the plug on the Cytoxan and reconnected me to the saline. I can't explain the tears.

Chemo is scary. Even knowing what to expect (from the last time), it's an overwhelming experience. I try to throw some humor at it and I try not to think of what's really happening--nasty, toxic chemicals going into my bloodstream. But that's what's happening, there is no doubt. Dave was there from beginning to end and that makes it easier to handle. I hope it's not terribly hard on him--but I suspect it is. In spades.

So it's done. If it goes the way the last round did I'll be asleep before the Red Sox get their first "ups" again Cleveland tonight in the American League Division Series.

Go Sox. Go Penny.

No comments: