Saturday, October 13, 2007

Treatment #2, the next day


As I already told you, yesterday was tough. Last night was tougher.

We had in invitation join my cousin Kathy and her family for a birthday-fest for her son but elected to pass because the day had been tough. So we opted instead to celebrate Chemo #2 with a Sicilian pizza from a favorite place in Wakefield and dispatched PJ to pick up. I was so hungry by the time she arrived and had such a headache (which I assumed I could feed and make it go away) that I chewed through two pieces and a slice of and Italian calzone. Big mistake on all counts.

I was nauseous all evening and had that slightly spacey feeling (like I shouldn't drive the car; I felt this way the last time too). Nothing alarming, I just wanted to sleep but the Red Sox were winning and that held my attention.

I woke up this morning feeling rested and strong, and headed off to the health center for my $2500 Neulasta shot (isn’t that a crime???). Then I did a Wal-Mart run for, among other things, funky bandanas (one black with a traditional paisley print, orange with purple and yellow owls and a Halloween pattern, and a royal blue with owls—typing this made me notice the owl trend).

Now it’s time to fold some laundry and think about food shopping. I’ve got a peppercorn and garlic pork tenderloin marinating in the refrigerator, something special for my cheering section. We need potatoes and asparagus to make it a complete meal.

That’s all for the moment. I’m curious to know who is out there reading my ramblings. Would you please hit the comment button and send me a note? I won’t post it as a comment if you don’t want me to.


2 comments:

Tanya said...

::::waving hands::::: I'm here girl! Wishing I could take away the yuckies from ya.
I had 4, YES 4 Apricot Wheat's for us! I didn't make it to the end of the Sox game - darn long game last night and was ever so sad that they didn't take a 2nd win. But hey, there is Monday night to look forward to!
Hugs!
T

Wayne and Carol said...

Read your comments daily to keep up. Thinking of you always and hoping the hard times will soon be over and you'll be back to your ole self again. (notice I didn't say old.)

Our Making strides against breast cancer walk here in Damariscotta was yesterday. It was a great 3 mile walk with just tons of people walking. Haven't seen the actual figures on number of people walking yet so "tons" is just my guess. The proliminary figures are already in at $150,000.00 raise for this walk alone. It's amazing. What's also amazing was seeing all of the survivors proudly wearing their survivor banners as they walk, and also all the men there supporting their loved ones. It was a great and very moving event.

Love to you and your family always,

Your Maine buddy, Carol