Sunday, October 28, 2007

Getting back on my feet

It's been a long couple of days, and as each one passes, I feel more like myself. It's good to leave it behind me.

I know it's not gone, I know it's something I have to learn to understand and manage. I need to do a better job of listening to what's going on in my head and take the time to process it and deal with it. I have to learn how to say "No," or "Not now" when it's the right thing to say.

Got some extra special love today courtesy of my sister and my mother. Kelly decided I needed a special blanket to take away the chemo chills and she enlisted my mother to create a quilt. When you next see my mother, ask her to tell you the story of the quilt--it's wonderful.

I'll be on the couch shortly, wrapped up in my new quilt. It will be a good place to be and in the best of company.


2 comments:

Jan G said...

The Patriots are killing the Redskins, I'm nursing about three fingers of Bailey's, and Penns is as snug as a bug in her quilt. Life is good. Go red Sox!
Love Jan

Penny said...

I can't remember the last time I had three fingers of anything. I'm gonna have a whole lot of catching up to do.