Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wonderful Sunday

It's been a pretty terrific day.

Started off with coffee with my mother here at Chez Leland Road (she spent the night so she could celebrate Brother Ted's 50th locally).

I served as worship leader this morning at church. Sermon summary in 25 words: There is something nice, good, or beautiful in all of my daily chores and challenges, I just have to look for it. And I will.

Saw my phone friend Eunice. She's healthy, and that's what's important. We made a promise that when we're done with our various medical tests and such, we're going to go out and celebrate with a glass of wine. Or a martini.

Got a call from Cousin Peter, who was sharing a book with his wife Laura at a Hartford CT-area coffee shop. I asked the title. "What to Expect When You Are Expecting," he replied. I cried.

Drove up to Seabrook and spent a couple of hours at the beach with Aunt and Uncle Nancy and Mike Thornton and half of their children (Kathy and Dan), half of their children-in-law (Krista and Mary Litton), one S.O. (Phil) , and 7 of 9 grandchildren (Lauren, Connor, Ben, Dan, Owen, Jack, and Lizzie). it was good fun, as it always is when we are together.

Came home to find that Dave mowed the lawn. I love that smell! Now it's my job to get out there and have at the weeds.

But it's raining. Again. Thunder and lightning. Can't weed in the rain, right? I'll have a drink instead and toast all the wonderfulness that was today.

{End of post}

No comments: