Monday, July 21, 2008

Back to reality


As usual, all good things must come to an end, and so does my brief get-away to the farm in Maine. It was a fairly splendid trip all around: good friends, good food (including lobster and blueberry ale), a few trinkets from Mexicali Blues, and the opportunity to read a couple of Elmore Leonard novels on the porch. Good stuff to be sure.

There were a couple of incidents worthy of note:

  • I was offered the senior citizen discount at a Chinese food buffet. I declined and paid full price.
  • I got bagged for jaywalking in the hamlet of Damariscotta. The nice policeman let me off with a verbal but stern warning never to do it again.
  • I christened the new stove at the farm by melting a plastic colander in the oven.
And tomorrow I get to go back to work where I'm sure there are fire smoldering that will ruin Tuesday.

{end of post}

No comments: