Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year Day


I called our dear friend Dot Hoyt to wish her a happy birthday. She's 22 today (that's 88 in our years). She's quite a lady and it was lovely to spend a few minutes with her on the phone. I hope I have that same positive attitude when I'm 22.

Today marks the end of a ridiculously long week at work. Problems at every turn. To make matter worse, I loaded a thumb drive with tons of files so I could work at home tomorrow (a necessary evil since I'm taking next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off), and LEFT THE THUMB DRIVE IN THE COMPUTER AT THE OFFICE. I know, I know, writing in all caps is like shouting, but I AM SHOUTING, you can be very be sure of that.

The only bright spot in the work week was making a carpool arrangement with my coworker Owen MacDonald. He's a hell of a good guy and makes going to and coming from Marblehead a little more tolerable.



So here I sit with my second very tall strawberry/kiwi water with raspberry Absolut (my kiddo makes a nice cocktail), and a couple of Caramel DeLites Girl Scout cookies. What a combination. I'll be a wreck in the morning.

1 comment:

Jan G said...

Nothing a "little hair of the dog" won't cure.
Glad to hear you are doing well.
I am about to get my graqndbabies for the day.
I wish you could e-mail me that cocktail about 4 p.m. today!
Much love,
J