Saturday, February 2, 2008

My amazing daughter

The phone rang a little while ago--it was PJ calling from the road (she's out this evening with friends). She and I spent the afternoon prowling the mall in search of bargains and essentials. She called to tell me how happy she was to have spent the afternoon with me this way.

"I feel like I have my mom back," she told me.

That right there is why I did all that fighting.

"I would have told you before I went out but you were sitting with your girlfriend, having a drink, and chatting away. I didn't want to interrupt." How could anything she has to say to me ever be an interruption? She just amazes me and she makes me feel so special and so loved.

My friend Tanya visited tonight (that's the friend PJ referred to in her call). Tanya and I had a great evening, talking about our respective battles and our next steps (drugs, follow-ups appointments and such). She's been invited to take part in a multi-year study of breast cancer in younger women (she's only 35...) and I'm proud that she's going to give of herself to help others in this way.

What a great day.

No comments: