Sunday, August 26, 2007

It’s OK to tell me to get over myself


Happy Sunday. It’s another one of those hot and humid days and I’ve been content to sit in the house and write marketing copy (I’ve jut been promoted and won’t have to spend too many more Sundays writing copy!) It’s time to take a break.

For some reason I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I deserve, namely all the attention from lots of wonderful people, near and far, who write, call, or visit and tell me they care about me. It’s such a boost to my spirit and it wraps around me and helps hold me together on tough days,

Sometimes it makes me wonder what I did to deserve all the love and attention (did I already go into this once before? It’s hard to remember.) I wonder if wondering, and talking about wondering, is just another way of calling attention to myself. I don’t know the answer—-it’s just the question of the day.

Reminds me of a line from a James Taylor song, "The Secret of Life"
"Nobody knows how we got to the top of the hill
Since we’re on our way down, we might as well enjoy the ride.”

Maybe I just need to get over myself. After all, it is a lovely ride--if you're lucky.

No comments: