Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Radiation Day 18

Still plugging along at radiation and into the second half of treatment (18 down, 15 to go). Part of me can't wait for this to be over and the other part of me is getting very used to leaving the office at 2:30 each day. It'll be tough to return to work for full days, to be sure.

I'm starting to show signs of skin burn. Looks like I forgot to be thorough with sun block---pink patches of skin that are tender. My nipple is bright pink too. My BC sista Tanya has had a very tough time with skin burn (including some blistering). I'm going to be very selfish here and say I hope I'm not headed for the same kind of difficulty. She only has two treatments left. We'll be lifting glasses on Friday in celebration. A similar event is in the whispering stages for February 1 (the Friday of my final week). If you're in the neighborhood, be in touch in advance and I'll give you the particulars.

What's new with you?

1 comment:

Jan G said...

I'm so glad things are moving along for you. I am getting ready to paint the inside of the house all earth tones. The walls have been white since we built in '91, so I am excited.
The kitchen will be potter's clay!
Way cool to step out of my "box" to try something new.
A dear friend has his own "Whatever you need to have done company," more to come for sure.
XOXOXO
Keep your chin up and just remember "home stretch............."
Love J