Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm done!

Radiation is over! Cheers all around! It was hard to go today, knowing it was the last time and saying goodbye to the people who have helped save my life. I'm convinced that's what they've done and I'll never forget the gift they gave me.

So, now what? What's next? Hopefully nothing remarkable. Take the drugs, keep all the follow up appointments and head off to a lot healthy tomorrows.

I started this as a way to communicate to family and friends what was happening and, over time, it took on a life all its own. It's time to publish this blog and get it into the hands of people who can use the information to understand what will happen/is happening to them or a loved one.

I’ve already lined up a self-publishing arrangement and given prior posts to a copy editor. With luck I’ll have this out the door and to the publisher by the end of February. If it sells, I'll write a nice check to the Winchester Hospital Breast Center.

Stay tuned. Just because breast cancer is no longer front and center in my life doesn't mean I'll stop writing.

4 comments:

Jan G said...

Praise the Lord. It's a great day!
You were bprn to write and I look forward to our blog chats.
Much love, jan

Gawain said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on being finished!

Tanya said...

OK, so cheggitout! DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE ! ALL 33 of em!

Glad you're done with this part! Will see ya on the "maintenance" trail!

Penny said...

Tanya: 33 never looked so good!