Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 31

Just two treatments left! I can't believe that this is really almost behind me. To paraphrase something my friend Tanya said when she wrapped up her treatments, "This is a membership I don't care to renew."

I'm filling my calendar with doc appointments (follow ups with the radiologist in 4 weeks and with the oncologist and the surgeon in 8 weeks). I just filled my prescription for Aromasin, an estrogen-blocking drug (estrogen encourages the development of breast cancer). I start that two weeks after the last radiation treatment and will take it for the next five years (groan).

I feel pretty good. Can't complain too much about being tired (which is a very common complaint by radiation patients). I'm tired, but it's more of an insomniac kind of tired. If I have a complaint, it's being scatter-brained. I'm having trouble focusing these last few days. I think it's a combination of things, primarily tension at work. But that's always been an issue and I think it always will be. I'll solve it the day I walk away.

I'm stepping out of my life for a while and going to Maine in the morning. My mini-vacation is disguised around the winter meeting of the Friendship Sloop Society's executive committee, of which I are the membership chairman (I know there's a typo, should be "am," but I'm drifting into mini-vacation mode and will allow it to stand.)

So, I'll catch up with you in a couple of days. Don't have any fun without me.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

...and then there were 2!!! It's almost done, girl! Call me when you're back from Maine!