Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back to the madness

I think it's safe to say that I've returned to pre-vacation mode (minus the anticipation). Work is, well, it's work. The company hired a manager for our department (great news) and I can already feel weights coming off my shoulders.

Of course for every one thing that is taken away, another is added. I'm taking on mentor responsibilities for another major market (teaming with a coworker to help her develop her skills and talents). It will mean giving a lot of time to meetings and learning her marketing (hopefully) as well as I know my own.
My director is days away from delivering twins, so it's critical that we have as much of her focus as possible in order to bring the new manager up to speed as quickly as possible.
What else is new? Dave is in his third week of a new job--at my company. It's nice to look up every now and again and see a truly friendly face in my office window (to say noting of the savings in gas prices, we've gone from two separate commutes to sharing one--plus I was already carpooling with a colleague who lives in the next town).
PJ has been on a Red Sox roll of late--she's been to two games in the last week. She's off to Florida in a few weeks to visit a friend. I hope she doesn't fall in love with the place and want to stay there.
I am hating my post-BC drug Aromasin. It and I are on a five-year plan. Side effects include insomnia (which hasn't been any worse than usual) and arthritis-type joint pain. My hands and wrists are very tender to the point where I have trouble taking lids off jars and plastic containers. I'll give it another month.
That's about it. Are you up for the holiday weekend?

2 comments:

Jan G said...

Hey Pen,
You sound like a busy post-vacation lady!
Sorry to hear about the new aches and pains. Arthritis is no fun. I've been living with it now for almost 15 years every day. So I just take it one day at a time. They are starting a new procedure on my nephew. They are treating him with malaria medication to supposedly "jump start" all of his treatments. I don't understand any of it. He is keeping a positive attitude and is taking all prayers, even from strangers.
Be well, J

Unknown said...

Hi Penny!

I'm Maureen's dad and met you and Dave during some troubling times in Maureen's life 5 or 6 years ago.
I always remembered how kind you were toward her when Jared died so suddenly.
For some reason we ended up talking about you the other day and she said she lost contact with you on the Internet. I said I'd try and track you down.
Mike Higgins mhiggins05@gmail.com