Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane


I’ve complained about having to wait, right? Testing my patience, wanting to “get on with it?” Well, we’re picking up the pace.

Things are sliding into a higher gear. Dr. Bowker (my oncologist) booked me for a bone scan and a CT scan in two days (on Friday). I’m also booked for an echocardiogram in Sunday (yes, Virginia, there are technicians working at Winchester Hospital on Sunday). What does that mean? There is urgency to move quickly or is it simply a convenient opening in the schedule? I won’t read more than that into it.

Next comes chemo teaching (that’s really what it’s called) with the oncology nurses at the Breast Center (on the 17th). I assume I’ll be able to start chemo shortly thereafter.

So what will it be? Baseball caps or scarves? Paper or plastic? PJ says she’ll cut my hair short. Someone at work suggests I dye it purple or some other color. I don’t think purple is my color, but it would be fun to be that outrageous if only to see the way people would react.

No comments: