Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Addendum


More changes. I’m doing chemotherapy first.

Makes sense. Why wait? Why let the next month go by without taking any positive action to tackle the problem?

Met with the oncologist today. She ran two hours late for our appointment, which only heightened my apprehension. At least she apologized for the delay. She agreed with me that there is no reason to wait, we can get started right away.

She’s scheduling me for a CT scan and a bone scan, both to ensure that my cancer hasn’t spread. There is no reason to think it has (it was in the first lymph node, the second was negative). She also wants an echocardiogram (as a baseline). Once those tests are complete the fun begins.

This will be an 8- to 12-week course of chemotherapy, unlike the 2 to 3 week course the surgeon suggested. I’m disappointed that, once again, the information I get is different than the opinion he initially delivered.

I’m not going to make any more schedule predictions. I make them and anticipate them, only to have to take it back and start planning again. Looks like the only way to take this is a day at a time. For now I can look ahead a week or two, but that’s about it.

Patience, Penny, patience.

No comments: