Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We're making money for the cause!

I got my first royalty check in the mail today, and am I every excited. It’s for $32.37… granted that’s not a lot of money but it’s a great beginning.

Proceeds of all my online sales go as a donation to a local pharmacy that provides wigs and prosthetic devises to women, and my donation will help those who have little or no insurance to buy the personal care items they need.

Proceeds for the sales I’m making on my own are being put into additional book inventory, so I can keep a supply on hand and take care of local interest.

I expect that to pick up in the near future, as I’ve started marketing efforts. I have press releases out to local media with promises of interviews and well-placed stories. I’ve got a connection at a radio station in Lawrence and hope to go on-the-air for a live interview. And I’m sending a book to Oprah. Can’t hurt!

So, buy-buy-buy! Help me make a BIG donation to the cause.
{end of post}

No comments: